Enriching the Lives of Women Physicians
The Balance mission is to:
- Provide professional development to women physicians in the context of their lives as women, partners, wives, mothers, daughters, friends and citizens.
- Strengthen competencies in medical knowledge, organization of knowledge, communication skills, resource management, and teamwork, through a learning atmosphere of mutual support and shared vision.
- Improve quality of medical care at all levels, from patient care in local communities to research and academic excellence, by enhancing the effectiveness of women physicians.
- Inspire women physicians to renew their commitment to work by heightening compassion, satisfaction, and joy in the practice of medicine.
- We work to create opportunities for positive networking. Quality time at the Balance Conference is a primary benefit of the gathering itself, and the On-line Forum links members throughout the year as they share information about clinical issues and lessons learned, and offer personal support.
- To address individual situations more privately, a Balance member may request support through the Balance Mentor Program at any time during the year. Each category of membership has its level of mentoring. Associate Members have one request per year, Supporting Members have two requests per year, and Sustaining Members are eligible for three requests per year. See the Balance Mentor Program section for details on this process.
$500 Sustaining Member
Balance for Women Physicians is a 501c not-for-profit member organization, and dues are tax deductible to the extent of the law.
Request More Information
A Balance member will be happy to discuss the Balance organization with you. Please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com